Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Furniture Reupholstery Project

I enjoy finding furniture bargains. Sometimes, the furniture is really ugly,
or it'll have a good structure, but the fabric it's upholstered in is not appealing.
Today, I'm sharing photos of a recliner I reupholstered with fabric scraps.


The recliner I bought for my mom, who was coming for a visit
and needed something comfortable that would keep her feet propped up,
I bought the chair at a consignment store for $20. The frame was in excellent
shape, and the mechanism works well. I had six panels of fabric rectangles using
three different upholstery velvets already sewn together, which were left over
from a sofa I had reupholstered. I had planned on using the panels to make pillows,
but never got around to it. I didn't know if the fabric pieces would work
or fit on the recliner. They fit beautifully. I added charcoal grey velvet for the head rest
and foot rest, and to the back of the chair. This is recycling at its best. I reupholstered the
recliner without having to buy any fabric, just a little dacron and cotton batting for
adding more plumpness to the seat and back!
The Ugly Recliner "Before being Reupholstered

 Copyright c. 2013 Fuego Phoenix All rights reserved




                                            Fabrics are pinned to the chair to match up the design.

  
Copyright C. 2013 Fuego Phoenix All Rights Reserved
Fabric is pinned on the sides to match up the stripes with the stripes on the arm.
Copyright C. 2013 Fuego Phoenix All Rights Reserved 
The finished recliner feels and looks much nicer with velvet upholster and a custom look.
The best part is that I reupholstered the whole chair with fabric scraps I had.

Buy Easy Crafts on a Budget for Kids 4 to 104 here: http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Crafts-Budget-Kids-Volume/dp/0615640826  For a limited time the Kindle version is on sale for $6 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment