Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Furniture Embellishment Ideas

I like to transform ugly furniture into a beautiful piece. I'm sharing a photo
of a table that was really ugly, in the beginning. It has good bones. I added luxurious
upholstery velvet, and transformed the once ugly piece into an Asian influenced end table.

Here's how I did it:
I painted the top and bottom edges black. I stapled dacron to the sides. (You can use spray
adhesive, like upholsterers use). Next, I stapled a luxurious upholstery velvet to the top,
sides and bottom of each section. I added a piece of the fabric cut to fit, to the top. I
hot-glued black feathery gimp around the top part of the sides, and the bottom, to hide
the staples. Next I hot-glued black gimp to the top edges. I added decorative nail
head tacks to to the top corners. I took it outside and sprayed Scotch-guard all over the
sides and top, and let it dry.

I added black talons to the front door pulls, for an added touch. Voila! Now it's
an Asian inspired end table.

If you have any questions about this project, email me : 1fuego11@gmail.com.

Buy Easy Crafts on a Budget here:  https://www.createspace.com/3813688



No comments:

Post a Comment